Wednesday, December 03, 2014

Flowers



I feel like an american girl doll... This hat makes me feel like Kit Kittredge, and I LOVE IT!
 I got it a few months ago at a really cool vintage store in Asheville. Its this great thick, wool and perfectly fits my head. 

Now onto my dress, yet another article of clothing that I have borrowed from my big sis Shelby. I love it when she comes home, especially when she lets me wear her clothes! Shelby played a big part in the creation of this blog. Ever since I was in middle school (and she was in high school) I have been envious of her style and clothes. During my awkward and awful middle school days I loved to see what sort of outfits Shelby could put together. I remember this one time when she wore her white, tule, tutu with a bright pink and orange striped tank top tucked into it. I feel like that moment changed me... more like it inspired me to wear whatever I wanted. When I began high school I was freed... each morning I put on something unique and sometimes wacky and I went on my way. I walked the halls with me head held high and tried not to care what others thought of me. I gained my own style, that I am immensely proud of. I wouldn't have been able to do that without the inspiration that is my sister, Shelby. 

The above quote by R.M. Drake perfectly describes how I am feeling right now (and I felt when I wore the dress). Not everything stems from something light and easy, it is the darkness that bring about the biggest change.

- S

Dress: Nasty Gal
Socks: Free People
Shoes: Vintage Nine Vest
Hat: Vintage

No comments:

Post a Comment