Sunday, September 07, 2014

Getting Crafty

As my last summer project I finally finished my closet door collage, which I have tried to do about three times. Each time I get frustrated or end up hating it and tear it down. But not this time. I scoured through the pages of magazines like Vogue and Teen Vogue, and catalogs such as Free People, Jcrew, and H&M. I spent almost six hours in front of the TV cutting the models out of certain pictures. I made two collages, one for my closet door and one for next to my bed. 


I love collaging. I love being able to take someone else's image and turn it into something completely different and unique. I am able to make up my own pictures just by cutting and pasting. Every time I look through a magazine, I tear out any pictures that I like and put them in an old cigar box, so that I can use them for things like this. I love any excuse to be creative, and this is one of my favorite ways.

- S 

No comments:

Post a Comment