Monday, September 22, 2014

Denim on Demin

I have done it, done what you might ask? I have ventured to a new place to take my blog pictures. Yes, that's right. I drove my (for the year) run down suburban, named Big Mama to a woodsy area in my town and I braved the skeptical looks I got from the many dog walkers and I took pictures. And I LOVED IT.


I love the way the woods begin to change at this time of year, the Summer color begins to fade into the many rich shades of Autumn. The ever present breeze brushes the leafs into the air until they silently fall to the dirt floor once more. 


 Recently, in the midst of a ton of college apps and the beginning of my senior year of high school, I have been dreaming about ways to "reject the status quo." I have so many mixed feelings about beginning my last year in my lovely home but I have realized that one of the best (or maybe worst) parts is that in the end I and everyone else will go in separate directions. So why does it matter what everyone else does? The answer... It doesn't. I just want to spend the year going my own way, whether it be with my plans for my gap year next year or my style, I am going all out this year. I want to keep you all on your toes and I want to surprise myself with what I can do. 

I have always laughed at the idea of denim on denim, I never really thought I could pull it off. But its a great concept, with two different shades of denim the contrast is there and it hardly looks like I am wearing the same fabric. But I did add the sweater to sort of break up the colors and add a layer to keep me warm on this cool fall day.

- S

Dress: Urban Outfitters
Jeans: JBrand
Sweater: Free People
Shoes: H&M

1 comment: