Tuesday, August 05, 2014

Summering in the South of France Take 6





This beautiful place has been my home for the past four weeks, and I am so so thankful that I was able to spend so much time in such a wonderful place. What a month it has been, filled with lazy afternoons spent in the pool, or walking the cobblestone streets of a nearby village. Running in circles around the house with my little cousins or licking a quickly melting ice cream cone, everything was perfect.

 Sometimes when we visited villages I was shocked by how picturesque everything looked,  almost fake looking at some points, as if you were to open a picture book and find it nestled inside. But that only added to the charm. I already miss the lovely countryside, and the food that was literally to die for. I miss my family, the delightful sound of the kids laughing, and falling asleep every night watching the stars that seemed to shine the brightest there. I can not count the number of things that I miss from my month in France, but now that I am home I have discovered a new found appreciation for my home and the beauty that I always seem to overlook. 

Goodbye France. See you soon, hopefully.

- S



No comments:

Post a Comment