Friday, June 27, 2014

Summer Concerts


One of the great things about living in New Jersey is that we are only an hour away from New York City and also about the same distance away from the beach. Which makes for some really cool opportunities and events, like concerts. 
Summer concerts are the BEST! 
I went to my first one yesterday and I had a blast. It was at The Stone Pony in Asbury Park, which is one of the most iconic music venues and is known as being the starting point for people like Bon Jovi. The walls are covered in signed guitars and other memorabilia. We saw The Lonely Biscuits for my friend Kendall's birthday, I was not a huge fan before the concert but now all I want to do is listen to their songs on repeat. Their lead singer Grady (featured above in a selfie) was so cool, there was something about him that just captured the audiences attention and made the performance so fun to watch. 
The other two concerts that I have been to were during the winter in the city which makes clothing options pretty limited. I am loving the "festival fashion" this year, all the crop tops, flowing dresses and flower crowns make me wish that I was going to a real festival, like Bonnaroo or Governors Ball. I bought my first ever really cropped crop top just for the concert and I am OBSESSED. I love the tropical flower print. It is going to make a great addition to my slowly expanding summer wardrobe. 

- S







No comments:

Post a Comment