Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Prom






 So last friday was prom... I had a fabulous time getting my hair and makeup done at Bloomingdale's! It was the first time I had ever done that and I learned a lot about my skin and what sort of colors look good on me. Afterwards I rushed home to help my mom set up with the pre party and then put on my beautiful dress. It's vintage and literally from the 1940's, one of my mom's friends was throwing it out, so she just gave it to my mom. Apparently it was her mothers, so it has a lot of history and I love that. The pictures don't really do it justice, the lace is sort of peachy pink with a creme colored slip. The bottom and top are adorned with intricate scalloped edges, while the creme bow wrapped around my hips and pink tulle fell from behind the bow and continued around my back. I literally felt like a princess and that is the best feeling in the world. Its hard to explain but when I put on that dress I felt so beautiful and confident, like I was the queen of the world! I had a blast hosting the pre party and running around taking a ton of photos. Prom itself was fun, but what can I say I'm not really a school dance kind of girl. All in all a great night!




- S


No comments:

Post a Comment