Tuesday, February 04, 2014

The Adventures of Cat Girl


The question of the day is, do I look sort of like a cat? Someone around sixth period today asked me if that was the look I was going for, automatically I responded no. But then I got to thinking, I know I was not going for the cat girl look, but hey I love all things feline so it could work. The cheetah print jacket, in which absolutely no animals were harmed in the making (aka 100% polyester) and the cat tee did give off that future crazy cat lady vibe. And I have decided I am completely okay with that!
On another note, I am now finished with Leandra Medine's book, The Man Repeller, which I mention in my last post. Thanks to her I am about to purchase my first pair of harem pants from H&M, along with a much needed hat. I have been keeping up with a blog called Natalie Off Duty and the blogger Natalie Suarez has the best hats, I fell in love with the idea, so now I am in the market for a bunch. But back to The Man Repeller book, first off if you don't know what a man repeller is here is her definition. (courtesy of The Man Repeller)

man·re·pell·er1  [mahn-ree-peller]

–noun
she who outfits herself in a sartorially offensive mode that may result in repelling members of the opposite sex. Such garments include but are not limited to harem pants, boyfriend jeans, overalls, shoulder pads, full length jumpsuits, jewelry that resembles violent weaponry and clogs.
–verb (used without object),-pell·ing, -pell·ed.
to commit the act of repelling men:
Girl 1: What are you wearing tonight?
Girl 2: My sweet lime green drop crotch utility pants, of course.
Girl 1: Oh, so we’re man repelling tonight?
*DISCLAIMER: the above conversation took place in this room 5 minutes ago.
Origin: 
2009-10; repellius (ptp. of repellia to eliminate male attention), equiv. to L repel- (s. ofrepellix) unattractive, celibate, paris fashion week, M.C. Hammer + -repel -ler1
man·re·pell·ant, noun

This definition was made for me, I feel like I go above and beyond the description of a man repeller. But I do hope that my man repelling story has a happy ending like Leandra's, in which I will happily walk down the aisle to a man that is not so repelled by my ever present man repelling qualities. 

Follow me on instagram for more constant updates!

- S 

Shirt: Forever 21
Jacket: Thifted
Collar: Ted Baker (my moms)
Pants: Urban Outfitters
Shoes: Vintage Nine West


No comments:

Post a Comment