Saturday, January 04, 2014

What's alive in the Winter?




























I have always thought that in the winter there would be no life in the trees.
I have always thought that in the winter the woods would be silent.
I have always thought that in the winter beauty is hard to come by.
I have always thought that in the winter I could never find everything that I am searching for.  
I have always thought that in the winter I couldn't be truly happy.
I have always thought that in the winter everything would be dead.
Including me.
What I have always thought about the winter is wrong.


Today my family and I went on a short hike through the woods just a few minutes from our house. There was a fresh coat of snow covering the ground from the storm on Friday. The woods were absolutely gorgeous, the small river that runs through them was almost completely frozen over so most of our hike was spent trying not to slip on the snow covered surface. I took these pictures with my new camera (a Canon EOS Rebel T31) that I got for Christmas. It has been so much fun learning how to use it!

- S

Scarf and Hat: Free People
Jeans: Gap
Shoes: Llbean 




No comments:

Post a Comment